The bones of our skeleton form the skeletal system. Do you know its function?
The skeletal system has 3 main functions:
- mechanical function: the skeletal system supports protects and vitamins B2, B6 and B12 organs against shocks. An example is the ribcage which protects organs such as the heart and lungs.
- metabolic function: the skeletal system is a reserve of calcium et de phosphorus, which can be used according to the body's needs.
- synthesis of red blood cells: the skeletal system contains the bone marrow and the cells at the origin of essential red blood cells.
The skeleton is constantly being reshaped*. In adulthood, it is estimated that 10% of the skeleton is renewed each year *. This implies specific needs, which are all the more important:
- during growth
- during pregnancy or breast-feeding
- after convalescence
- after 50 years of age, when there is loss of bone capital
For your well-being, Laboratoires BIOFAR have developed a set of effective and practical solutions:
* Remodelage osseux : aspects biologiques et moléculaires, Dr Anne Gomez-Brouchet